Shoes, which you saw in the shop, kept you awake. Finally, you bought these precious shoes, you are happily headed at home, and suddenly…the shoes wring. Life has no meaning and the mood is fatally flawed.
Sometimes shoes, which used to perfectly fit your feet last season, became too tight this season. You can get rid of discomfort and corns on your feet without any problems if you know how to break in the shoes.
How to break in the shoes that wring
Close-bodied shoes aren’t a cause for trigger. There are enough ways to break in the shoes that wring. You only need to choose yours. Of course, we don’t say that size 6 can be broke in to 9 size, we talk about methods to break in the shoes until your feet’ condition becomes comfortable.
- Newspapers. Take a few newspaper issues, tear them apart and soak them with water. Firmly tuck them in the shoes and leave for two days.
- Alcohol. This method is good if you wonder how to break in the shoes that wring. Lavishly soak the inner part of shoes with vodka or spirit. Wear the warm socks (apply the cream on the feet – you will soften your skin at one), wear the shoes and do the household chores. This option is good, because spirit softens the leather and the shoes are being broke down quickly enough.
– Frost. Put two plastic bags (without holes) in the shoes, pour the water in the bags for them to take shape of shoes. Tie them up and put the shoes in the freezer. What does the water do? It freezes up and breaks in the shoes. But! This method isn’t appropriate for winter shoes and for shoes of very slim leather.
– Grain. Pour the grain of the wheat (may be another one) up to the brim in the leather boots and pour the water over all that. Grain will become swollen over the day and will break in the shoes. Clean the shoes of the contents, wear them while they’re wet with your socks on until they become dry.
How to break in the new shoes
Purchase of new shoes always lifts the spirits. Every one of us at least once faced the situation when the shoes, which perfectly fitted your foot, suddenly became tight at home and started to wring. Insofar, you won’t run to the shop and redeliver the purchase because the model is so desirable, then apply practically the advices about breaking in the new shoes:
- break in the shoes gradually and wear them for 1 hour per day at most in the apartment;
- before breaking in, glue the adhesive plaster on your feet on those spots, where the shoes are too tight. This will help you to prevent the appearance of corns.
- oil the inner part of shoes, where the shoes are too tight by castor oil or wax (ordinary wax candle).
- wear the wet socks (if the foot can get into the shoe then a few socks) on the feet, which are covered with cream and walk the house.
Cause beauty knows no pain.
- when you buy new shoes, ask the sellers about the spray or foam that can break in the shoes. Apply it on the inner side of shoes, where the shoes pinch, wear the sock and break in.
How to break in the shoes quickly
You bought the new shoes for a certain event and at home you find you that they are too tight for you. Your event is soon and the shoes pinch. Or the shoes, which were in the box for the whole winter, began to pinch in the spring. Don’t panic. Advice about how to break in the shoes quickly will help regardless of material of the shoes. So:
- leather. Natural leather can be stretched by two ways.
First one is atelier. If the shoe master has the special lasts for breaking in then he will gladly do this service. However, there aren’t a lot of specialists in this business. So if you learned from a friend that he used the services of breaking in the shoes, then definitely take the number of this shoe master. These specialists are worth their weight in gold.
Second method is dealing with it by yourself. But this way will do only if the discomfort is being felt in the front part (in other words, vamp) of shoes. While boiling the water in the kettle, take the cotton fabric and spread it on the vamp. Pour the boiled water on this cloth on the toecap. It’s worthy of note that you shouldn’t be afraid that leather will be damaged because it withstands temperature up to 300 degrees. Don’t pour the boiled water inside, only on the surface. When all the water is on the shoes, wear them and walk over the apartment. It’s perfect if the shoes dry on your feet.
- lacquer shoes. Only shoe-repair shop can break in your lacquer shoes. Don’t even think of pouring the boiled water because the lacquer leather will be fractured.
- chamois shoes. Use the service of shoe master, who has a last to break in the shoes or break in them by yourself. Chamois quite quickly takes shape of a leg on its own, just bear it a little.
- faux leather. Things are worse in this case. This material cannot be broke in, but if you have no choice, then try the one and only method. Put wet cotton fabric inside, where the shoes are too tight. Take the hair drier, turn it on using the maximum power and direct the hot air on the wet cloth. When the shoes aren’t cold yet, wear them and walk over the apartment. Also wear the warm sock.
Don’t wear yourself into a state of exhaustion of tight shoes, you need to take care of your feet at the stage of choosing the shoes. When you broke in the shoes due to above said methods, then take care of further correct storage of shoes.