Notice: ob_flush(): failed to flush buffer. No buffer to flush in /var/www/seoport2/data/www/elsjourney.com/wp-content/themes/magone/single.php on line 743
Here’s the thing, the burnt bottom of a pot is not a rare occasion in the mistress’s kitchen. You cannot use this pot further and throwing it away is the unattainable luxury these days so let’s consider the options about cleaning the burnt pot.
How to clean the burnt enamel pot
If your enamel pot got burnt, then the measures to save it must be emergent or the kitchenware will become inadequate to cook the food in. Don’t pour the cold water in the hot pot because you risk to ruin the kitchenware. Enamel will be peeled off or even worse – the bottom will decay. Pot needs to cool down.
Some women don’t think about how to clean the pot correctly so they use metallic brush or hard grate. Unfortunately, this won’t bring anything but harm.
Let’s consider the methods to clean the burnt enamel pot starting with folk remedies:
- kosher salt. Pour the kosher salt in the layer of 2-3 cm in the wet bottom of pot and leave it for three hours. Wash it then with hot water. If the level of burnt is high then one procedure won’t be enough so use the salt brine. Mix 10 tablespoons of salt in 1 liter of water. Pour the brine in the enamel pot and put it on the stove. Boil it for half of hour on a low heat and watch the burnt being peeled off from the bottom and walls of the burnt kitchenware.
- activated carbon. This remedy will be appropriate in case of burnt milk. Crush up 5 pills of carbon until they become a powder in the burnt pot and leave them there for 40 minutes. Then pour cold water in the pot and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash the pot with sponge and detergent of the carbon.
- soda. Baking soda can clean the burnt pot not only on the bottom, but also on the walls. Take the pot, which is bigger than the burnt one and put your problematic pot in there. Make a solution of soda and water: one standard package of soda per 5 liters of water. Pour the soda solution in the bigger pot for it to cover the burnt kitchenware for several cm and put it on the stove. Boil it, slack the fire and boil it for two hours. Rinse the cooled pots by flowing water.
- detergent or liquid soap. They might help in case of small burnt if you pour the water and detergent or soap (liquid or laundry) there. Boil it for 20 minutes then.
Besides the folk remedies, you may use the products, which are meant to remove the burnt food and penetrated fats. Pay attention to «Shumanit» (only for kitchenware of enamel), «Sanita-gel», «Cillit Bang», «Unicum» и «AMWAY» in the household chemicals shops. Before using any detergent, carefully read the instruction and follow it.
How to clean the pot of burnt jam
The most frequent thing, which gets burnt is a jam during the season of preservation. Let’s talk about cleaning the pot of burnt jam in details.
Before choosing what to clean the burnt pot with, look what material it’s made of:
- Teflon coating of a pot doesn’t require special efforts. Fill the pot with water, add the detergent for dishes and leave it for 30 minutes, then rinse it.
- aluminum pot. Lemon acid will do. Pour the water in this pot for it to cover a burnt, add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon acid in there and boil all that for 10 minutes.
- enamel kitchenware. Read methods of cleaning above.
- ceramic kitchenware. There are two ways to clean this kitchenware. Either use lemon acid (1 teaspoon per 1 liter of water) and boil for 10 minutes or pour a lot of salt on the burnt and leave it for several hours and then wash it away.
- cast iron pot. Clean it when it’s hot. Fill the hot pot with water and add several (2-3) tablespoons of kosher salt there.
Kitchenware is becoming clean while cooling down. You can rub the cast iron pot by metallic brush without any harm.
As you see, the purchase of expensive remedies isn’t necessary, you will do on your own. Pots will shine and gladden you with their cleanness.